Making silicone molds is one of the easiest and most fun crafts to do. You may duplicate a beloved antique broche (or just about anything) from a variety of mediums such as resin, polymer or ceramic clay, soap and chocolate.
Below are instructions I have taken from “Amazing Mold Putty” from Alumilite Corporation. The finished mold is non-toxic.
This post contains affiliate links.
DIY TUTORIAL – HOW TO MAKE A SILICONE MOLD
Amazing Mold Putty
Item to cast without severe undercuts
Flat hard surface
1. Measure equal amounts of yellow and white putty.
2. Mix the yellow and white putty together thoroughly. This should be done quickly as once the colors are mixed, they begin to set.
3. Roll the mixed putty over the original and push the clay into the grooves of the original.
4. Let set and cure for 20 minutes until putty is hardened to a stiff, rubbery consistency.
5. Remove the original. You are now ready to begin casting!
Pictorial Steps for Making a Silicone Mold: